Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hiking in Bryce Canyon Friday

Bryce Canyon is really spectacular; it was my (Pat) first time here and I'm really glad Randy thought we should make it part of our trip.  Randy was here last year when he traveled with Jessi.  We did a 6.4 mile hike that was full of terrain (ups and downs) and really quite challenging for our first day out hiking. Wandering amongst the hoo doo's was breath taking.  I thought Randy would have to carry me out to the shuttle but I managed to make it to the camp store.  There we drank some pomegranate lemonade and ate Frito's and a candy bar.  Re-newed I was able to make it back to the shuttle and to camp. 

At 9:00 p.m. we decided to go back into the park and view the full moon.  We stumbled upon an astronomer and he showed us Saturn including its rings in his telescope and with a set of high powered binoculars we saw   the moon and its craters.  Really great day, but our legs HURT!

No comments:

Post a Comment